Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bananas


It's a thin line balancing your weekend sometimes. Any weekend where you have an absolute blast is one it seems you have to pay for by being extra frustrated the following week. Happiness is like heroin; you're always chasing the dragon. The problem is, the happier you get during the weekend, the more you recognize how unsatisfied you are the rest of the time.

What I'm trying to say, in my usual roundabout path through a valley of negativity is....I had a great weekend. Started it off on Saturday with some bodyboarding in San Clemente (got a steal on a great wetsuit recently), a bike ride to Huntington Beach on Sunday morning, kayaking in Newport Harbor in the evening and rounded it all off with some brews at Montage in Laguna Beach and then at a local biker hangout called Cook's Corner. I was so wrapped up in my own bliss, I didn't even recognize Gwen Stefani when she walked within 8 feet of me.

In some ways I guess I'm glad to be back at work so I can get some well deserved rest! That my friends is how it should be (though I'd prefer 5 days of weekend and 2 days of work instead).

1 comment:

MadJava said...

I miss the water. Although, when we lived out there, me and Madeline rarely went out to the beach by ourselves, usually it's with friends. Sigh.

What if you're weekend is your work week? Or you spend most of your "downtime" looking (or waiting)for projects? But you're right. It is still a balance.

Glad you had a fun weekend. Here's wishing you a thousand more!

Cheers,

--JA