Monday, May 12, 2008

High Price of Gas?

















BAH! I bought a full size 4x4 truck today. Those that know me can tell you that this is way out of character. I got a great deal from a friend of a friend though, and I couldn't pass up the offer. She's got a lot of miles under her and she ain't perfect, but someone clearly took care of the important stuff and, from what I can tell, had a great time. I don't know the full story, but it belonged to a gentleman that left this world at too young an age.

I found it a bit heartbreaking to find medical paperwork mixed in with the maintenance records, but it somehow speaks to me with respect to the value the owner put on this vehicle.

The most interesting find was the contents I found behind the driver's seat. About 6 magazines, and I don't mean Vogue or Cosmo!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Totally out of character for you, but sounds like you're enjoying. Weird about the "magazines" you found.

MadJava said...

Makes me really miss my 4Runner. Oh the fun times we had! Travelling to different states. Crashing in Colorado. Battling dirt devils in Death Valley. Sleeping at Chapman U's parking garage. Hauling all sorts of crap for production. And always travelling under 65mph. Good times. No bullets, though.

Enjoy your "new" truck, my friend. Tread lightly. Clean up after yourself. A rolling stone gathers no moss. Or something like that. You are a true Texan.

LawCreator said...

Whoa!!! Can't believe you bought a truck. Now that you have located all the "treasures" in this truck. One last place to check is beneath the horn cover. Don't ask how I know, just do it!